This April we completed 10 years in business. It has been an exciting and sometimes challenging journey. Thank you to all who joined us enroute. We thought we would share some of the lessons we have learned on the way.
1. It’s the people. Your employees, partners and associates are your best asset. They are your power, your differentiator and your engine.
2. Clear consistent brand and message.
Clarity about what you do and how it will help your target clients
Address the question – why they should buy from you?
What they see is what they think they will get
‘Be innovative: Create something different that will stand out.’ Richard Branson
‘You don’t beat the competition at their game. You redefine the game.’ Steve Jobbs
3. Customer Service which will Dazzle! Being satisfactory must never be enough. A ‘satisfied’ client will always leave for something better. You must WOW and Dazzle your clients.
4. Sell, sell, sell. Planning is great but Selling is better. Every day ask yourself: ‘what have I done today which will help generate an income?’ If it’s nothing – then stop doing it!
5. Client relationships are critical. Customer Experience Management is essential. What they think happened is what did. They will become your friends if you help them succeed. Start every relationship as a long term one.
6. The power of your Networks. Success through association and personal referrals can place you ahead of the competition. Build a trusted network and collaborate to win.
7. It’s always about plan B (or C or D …). Plans rarely work as planned. Market change can be quick and disastrous. You must be agile, innovative, and prepared to reinvent yourself.
8. It’s what you don’t do that matters. Choosing not to be distracted ensures focus. It allows you to be the best at what you do. It can also be the wrong time to do something. Recognise this and its potential negative impact on you and your business.
9. Hold your nerve – it’s a rollercoaster. If you don’t like the big dips don’t get on. You need Passion, Persistence; and a sense of Humour.
10. It is always about the people – at home as well as at work!
‘You can’t do it all yourself. You need people. They must be talented. They must be inspired. They must be held accountable. They must be given the opportunity to succeed and fail on their own and not just be a puppet for your will. In short, you have to learn to be a great leader and manager of people if you want to see your great ideas and hard work truly have a huge impact on the world.’
‘What we did yesterday may have been great.
What we will do tomorrow will be incredible.
Satisfactory is never enough – Success must Dazzle!’
Tim Ashcroft – Founder
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behaviour or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.