Do you Compromise, or Collaborate?
Or do you Always have to WIN?
“The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.”
“When conflict becomes a win-lose contest in our minds, we immediately try to win.” Thomas Crum
From a senior board to an operations team, from a sole trader to a managing director, the ability to build effective teams, recognise conflict and use it to make great choices is critical to success.As individuals we have a preferred style of working. In groups these personal preferences may not always result in great choices being made.
Researchers have discovered a number of requirements for high-performance including:
Authority to accomplish tasks
Access to the right people, with the right skills at the right time
Ability to resolve conflict openly and constructively
In a time when collaboration has become a ‘buzz word’; the concept of ‘collective leadership’ is widely promoted; and the ability to influence groups of ‘stakeholders’ has become critical; understanding how to recognise your own attitudes: skills in working together and managing conflict are vital.
“If we manage conflict constructively, we harness its energy for creativity and development.” Kenneth Kaye
This course will provide you with knowledge and skills that you can take back to your workplace to the benefit of yourself and your organisation, including:
- Develop your self-awareness to ‘make the unconscious conscious’ and work more effectively in a team
- Understand your preferences when it comes to managing conflict and how this leads to strengths and areas for development
- Understand your preferred conflict style and its impact on others
- Understand the stages of team development and how to deal with this
- Improved team relationships and performance
- Increased individual flexibility to assess different situations and adapt appropriately
- Conflict resolution and reduction through improved self-awareness
- Building of high performing teams
In addition each participant will receive:
- Their personal Thomas Kilman Conflict Mode Profile and Interpretive Report
- Copy of: Introduction to Conflict and Teams: enhancing team performance using the TKI
This course is aimed at individuals and groups looking for practical insight to increase performance through challenging times.This course will be delivered by our Consultant Trainers: Tim Ashcroft and Julie Gittins and is available as an inhouse course tailored to each client.
Download more information on this course here:
Making the Most of Conflict (923 KB)
For more information in general about our courses contact: T: 01606 551122 E: firstname.lastname@example.org