Hiring the right people takes time,
the right questions, and a healthy dose of curiosity...
the most important factor when building teams is personality. Richard Branson.
- Hire on culture fit first and aptitude second. It's easier to teach specific skills than to force someone into a bad fit. Not just can they do it but will they do it and will they enjoy doing the job!
- Hire for passion. Hire people who feel strongly about what they are trying to achieve.
- Be open to all possibilities. The obvious sources are not always the best.
- Where there is a lack of alignment between the values and the culture of an organisation, and the personal values of employees, the result is low performance.
Therefore recruiting the right people/attracting and retaining talent is imperative to a high performing team and ultimately the success of an organisation.
How do you currently recruit? Do you use job descriptions, performance standards and skills matrix? Have you thought about hiring for character and training the necessary skills? Ideally we would want both. But you can train someone to be competent. You can’t change someone’s character.
Recruiting on behaviour as opposed to competency is a different way to recruit. More and more companies are using psychometric tests as part of their recruitment procedures in order to predict future workplace behaviour of candidates, therefore generating successful recruitment.
This one day workshop looks at how you can recruit the right people with the right behaviours, in order to deliver a superior performance and reduce the costs of getting it wrong.
Attendance at this course will provide you with the knowledge and skills that you can take back to your workplace to the benefit of yourself and the organisation including:
- How to recruit the right people for your culture
- Assess behavioural style and it’s effect on performance
Use psychometric tests for better recruitment
- Understand the value of behaviour based interviewing
Each delegate will receive their personal DISC® Behavioural Profile.
This course is aimed at individuals and groups involved in recruitment and also developing job specifications and profiles for new employees. This course will be delivered by our Consultant Trainers: Julie Gittins and Helen Hamilton and is available as an inhouse course tailored to each client.
Download more information on this course here:
How to Hire People that Deliver a Superior Performance (788 KB)
For more information in general about our courses contact: T: 01606 551122 E: email@example.com