Some of our recent assignments include:
Sport & Physical Activity Sector Growth Plan for the Leicester & Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership. Development of a Sport & Physical Activity Sector Growth Plan for the LLEP and Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS) to enhance the economic competitiveness of the sector across the LLEP area. The Growth Plan is the first of its kind for the sector across England.
Review of commercial access to specialist facilities and equipment for the University of Cumbria. Examination of how the University of Cumbria could improve income generation through increased commercial access to specialist facilities and equipment contained within the sport, medical, creative industries and environmental science departments, thereby supporting the work of the university’s Enterprise and Business Development Service.
Development of an Enterprise Framework for Lancaster University. Development of a framework for enterprise educators to draw on when designing and developing student-facing enterprise activities, to maximise the strategic impact they can deliver for the institution and thereby evidence their value to the University’s core mission, including achievement of strategic objectives and University key performance indicators.
Environmental & low carbon sector evidence base for Metnet. An assessment of the environmental & low carbon sector and its potential for future development across the three local authorities that comprise the Marches Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) and the Worcestershire LEP. The work also identified those mechanisms needed to be put into place to maximise future growth opportunities.
Evaluation of the Innovation Bridge project for Central Bedfordshire Council and the University of Bedfordshire. Evaluation of a part-ERDF funded project that sought to support businesses and new starts to increase levels of innovation and to support knowledge transfer between the academic and business bases. The report contained a series of recommendations that informed development of a second phase of the project.
Low Carbon Sector Growth Plan for the Leicester & Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership. Development of a Low Sector Growth Plan for the LLEP to enhance the competitiveness of the low carbon sector in the LLEP area. The plan identified priorities for the use of European Structural & Investment Funds (ESIF) and provided an evidence base to support future funding bids for domestic programmes.
Evaluation of the Partnerships in Knowledge Transfer (PIKT) project for EMIN Enterprise. Evaluation of a part-ERDF funded project modelled upon the existing national Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) programmes, and delivered via a partnership of three universities: De Montfort University; University of Leicester; and University of Lincoln. The evaluation assessed the impact on participating universities, businesses and graduates.
Evaluation of the PRIME (Professional Recognition in Mineral Extraction) project for the Institute of Quarrying. Evaluation of this joint Institute of Quarrying, Mineral Products Association and the Mineral Products Qualifications Council initiative that sought to stimulate increased demand for training/learning and embed the concept of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) across the mineral products industry.
Evaluation of the Let’s do Business project for the University of Derby. An evaluation of the part-ERDF funded Let’s do business project, which provided business support and advice to residents living in the Derby City travel-to-work area wanting to start a business, and to established SMEs in the same area to help them to grow. The report set out recommendations for the management and delivery of future projects.
Menai Science Park options appraisal for Bangor University: Development of options to support the development of incubator space within the Menai Science Park in north west Wales. This is a strategic review and operational assessment for the alignment of incubation provision in the area and the development of the science park offer working with Menai Science Park, Bangor University, and Gwynedd Council.
Review of IP commercialisation for Welsh Government: Review of IP commercialisation activities among HEIs, the NHS and businesses across Wales, including a full review of all universities and the NHS within Wales.
Drafting “Green Means Business” report for London Sustainable Development Commission: The report brings together evidence gathered by a number of previous studies of green entrepreneurship into a single report containing recommendations and a deliverable action plan.
Evaluation of Big ideas Wales (formerly called Dynamo) for the Welsh Government: A 4 year evaluation of this Welsh Government ERDF initiative which seeks to encourage young people to raise their aspirations and realise their own potential for creating new business opportunities.
Feasibility study into water/wastewater and low carbon heating/cooling sector for Scottish Enterprise: The work identified market opportunities arising from the global growth in demand for related goods, services and technologies and assessed the capabilities of firms in Scotland to exploit these opportunities.
Evaluation of the Kirklees Youth Enterprise Centre for Kirklees Council: A two year evaluation of this ERDF project targeted on young people aged 14-19, which seeks to stimulate new businesses via a combination of new facilities and dedicated support.
Low carbon European project proposals for three West Midlands LEPs: Development of a series of low carbon and green economy project briefs for inclusion in the 2014-20 European Investment Strategies of the Marches, Telford and Wrekin, and Worcestershire LEPs.
Other previous projects include:
Strategy, Planning and Feasibility:
Menai Science Park options appraisal for Bangor University
Llwyddo’n Lleol- study into entrepreneurial capacity and spirit amongst young people for Gwynedd Council
Strategic review and redesign of Business Support for Welsh Assembly Government
Business Planning for 5 Enterprise Hubs for SEEDA
Enterprise and Innovation Centres in Norfolk, Barmouth, Hinckley, Lancaster, Northampton
STEM Regional Activity Mapping Exercise in NW England
Review of IP commercialisation for Welsh Government
- Evaluation of financial administration skills project for the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals
- Evaluation of the Severn Valley Strategic Regeneration Programme
- Evaluation of the Right to Work project for Action for Blind People
- Evaluation of the Early Stage Development Fund for the Welsh Government:Impact of Enterprise Education in Leeds, Bradford, Doncaster, Sheffield & north east Lincolnshire
- Enterprise UK Tenner young enterprise competition
- Welsh Government Networks Discretionary Fund
- Business Link Yorkshire & Humber 2008-11
- Third Mission fund in all 12 universities of Wales for the Higher Education Funding Council of Wales (HEFCW)
- Prince of Wales Innovation Scholarship (POWIS) for Welsh Government
- Heads of the Valleys Innovation Programme - in Wales
Low Carbon Market Intelligence:
- Production of the “Green Means Business” report for London Sustainable Development Commission
- Feasibility study into water/wastewater and low carbon heating/cooling sector for Scottish Enterprise
- Mapping of the Environmental Goods & Services sector in Wales for Welsh Government
- Low carbon European project proposals for the 2014-20 ESIF period for Marches, Stoke & Staffordshire and Worcestershire LEPs
- Development of a strategy and action plan to support the growth of the cleantech sector in the Greater Cambridge Partnership area
- Employment Forecasting for the 2050 Pathway Scenario for Department of Energy and Climate Change
- The Renewable Energy Association Made in Britain study looking at the economic benefits of all the renewable energy technologies in the UK
- Full Global, UK and Regional analysis of the environmental, renewable energy technologies and low carbon industrial technology sectors BERR (BIS/DECC) including updates
- Full Regional Sector Analysis and Global Market Opportunities for the Renewable Energies, Environmental Technologies and Services and Cleantech Sectors in the East of England
- Strategy and Action Plan development for Envirolink North West to support the Low Carbon and Environmental Goods and Services sub sectors in the North West of England
- Full Sector Analysis and Global Market Opportunities for the Low Carbon and Environmental Goods and Services Sector in Scotland
- Feasibility Study into Renewable Energies for the Humberside Region
- Greater Manchester Authorities – Sector Analysis of the Low Carbon and Environmental Goods and Services Sector and future skills forecasting.